Thursday, March 24, 2011

day 83






My husband 'surprised' us by taking today off.  He and I are going away this weekend, and he wanted to spend a bit of extra time with our boy, as he is on Spring Break.  I can't think of a better surprise or gift than his time.  The weather was lovely today, so we went to the beach.   I love being by the ocean, it is so soothing.  

As I was typing this, I thought - if God has blessed us with this natural beauty all around us on earth, I can't even fathom what heaven will be like.   Something I haven't really pondered before..

I am learning so much with my camera.  I had another 'a-ha' moment today.  Since I started shooting in manual, I had been shooting with my apeture wide open...mainly, I guess...because I could.  Today, I closed it a bit and loved how much crisper everything was.  These things might come second nature to some, but for me, photography is turning out to be somewhat of a balancing act.  There are so many factors, that affect the light, the sharpness and the clarity.   Slowly, but surely I am beginning to understand :)

1 comment:

Susan said...

Love these Shannon. Sounds like a great day!