Thursday, March 10, 2011

day 69


*sigh* I think one of the hardest things about being a parent is knowing when to say yes and when to say no.  Today wasn't the first time I heard, "I feel sick" right before we left for school, and I am sure it won't be the last.  We made it out the door, without a fight and with the reassurance that if he still feels sick after class photo's, to get the school to call me and I will come get him.  Usually, he forgets about it as soon as he walks through the door.  Today, he didn't.  He made it through class photos and then, I got the call.  Within an hour of being home, he felt better..   I remember, as a kid, not wanting to go to school, just to stay home and be with my mom.  I get it, really I do.  I am also sure about the fact that he'll be ready for school tomorrow, because - today was boring (and I made sure of that)!!  I think we'll just call today a 'mental health day'. 

6 comments:

Susan said...

You're such a good mom Shannon. Great photo, cute little toes!

Unknown said...

Love the angle on this!

My 2 older kids really like school, so we don't have many mental health days. Actually I don't think we've had any. I'm a stickler for not missing school. :) We'll see what the youngest does when he starts Kindergarten in the fall. He's most likely to be "sick" when he's really not. :)

shannon said...

Thanks :) My boy loves school, too - he loves to learn. When I went to pick him up - I had a hunch he wasn't really sick, but there is a bug going around, so I don't think the teacher wanted to take a chance. :)

Anonymous said...

Sweet photo.

Kristin said...

Love your perspective and dof on this shot!

Photography said...

haha mental health day :-)