Monday, March 14, 2011

day 73





My Grandma is over for a visit this week, and mentioned that she didn't have any recent pictures of the great-grandchildren to show off...so I (willingly) took some shots today of my niece and nephew...my son wasn't as co-operative, but that's okay because if anything this 365 project has given me lots of photos of him!  I tried so hard to shoot without a flash, but they came so out dark.  I tried tweaking, but would love some input on what I could have done better.  Aren't these two cute?

ETA: I re-edited the second colour one - it was looking a bit gray and grainy.  I am much happier with it now :)

6 comments:

once upon a time . . . said...

such beauties :)

Susan said...

So cute. Good job Auntie! I'm sure your Grandma will love them.

Chelsea said...

I love their catchlights! Did you put them by a window to get as much natural light as you could? What were your settings? I've learned, that sometimes I just have to crank up my ISO to get a good exposure!

shannon said...

Thanks :) This is such a learning curve for me, I posted this and it hit me...did you even think to look at your ISO?! I was so concerned about the appeture and shutter speed, that I forgot about that setting? Lol!

Unknown said...

Such cuties!

The first thing I thought was ISO also. Sometimes I forget to check too, especially if I'm trying to catch someone/something in action quickly. But a higher ISO would definitely help. You may get some noise but it will be much better than an underexposed image.

Photography said...

I just love all of these. Gorgeous kids.