Wednesday, February 23, 2011

day 54


Today was definately a tea type of day.  I can't believe how cold it is outside - and windy!  Hopes of spring are all but a distant memory.

In all honesty, this photo wasn't my first choice for my picture for today.  It was a brick.  I took a picture and started laughing to myself.  I'm taking a picture of a brick? A brick?  I must be losing it :)  (please don't be offended if you like bricks, because I do too - or if you have a brick photo in your stash - this story has a happy ending).  I really do like this particular brick, it has great character and great texture.  I found it while beach-combing on the Sunshine Coast.  This brick must have stories to tell.  Did it fall off a barge? Was it from an old house on a nearby island that fell victom to a fierce wave?  I like to imagine, that this brick has history.  Am I nuts?  Perhaps.  Am I a daydreamer?  Most definately.

4 comments:

Susan said...

Definitely a tea day today! Brrr!
I like the brick photo...great texture! I wonder what it's story is???

Chelsea said...

Way to think outside the box! I love your thoughts on the brick, it made me look at it in a totally different way!

Anonymous said...

Ha ha. Too funny! Love the them both.

Photography said...

Love it!! Tea shot is awesome!