Saturday, February 19, 2011

day 50



Today was a great day!  The sun was shining and my Mom and I had the whole day in front of us.  The main purpose of our little excursion was for my dear friend's bridal shower.  I couldn't be more happy for her.  We met in university and have managed to stay in touch for the last 15 years (we were child prodigies and went to university very young.)   We have had many laughs together...usually in a car.  Our comedy routines would rival the likes of Abbott and Costello.  "Do we turn left here?" "Right" "So, we turn left here!?" "Right" "No. Do. We. Turn. LEFT. Here" "Right...er correct" ...this unfortunately went on for awhile...but, we did get to where we were going, eventually.  Also, a word to the wise, opening the window before checking if car is over the line in parking space, is ALWAYS a good idea.  I won't let on to whose 'faux pas' was whose, though.

The second picture is of my Mom and I waiting patiently in the border line-up.  One hour, I don't think I've ever waited that long to come back home, but oh well - it was worth it.  I enjoyed spending the time with my Mom today.  It isn't that often that we get out just the two of us, so when we do - I truly treasure the time.  It was nice to talk...and well, shop of course!



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for not revealing whose faux pas was whose :-) We had some silly moments. They make for great memories. And has it really been 15 years?!? Thanks for being such a great friend and for coming to my shower today. It was a great day.

Anonymous said...

That is a great photo of the bride to be. I really enjoyed our time together today. I came back refreshed and feeling so blessed to have a daughter who is also my friend. I love you. Thanks for a great day Love Mom

Seizing My Day said...

I am assuming the Canadian border? =) which side do you live on?! My hubs is Canadian... we lived in BC for 8 years ... now on the USA side... =) for 8 years ... ha... then we will decide which country to live in... kidding!! =)

Seizing My Day said...

Oh ..ps... beautiful picture of your friend? =)

shannon said...

Thank you - you were right - the Canadian border...same province too :)

Amy said...

Aw! Great picture! I miss hanging out with you two! Oh, what fun we had in all of our music and education courses! :) And congratulations, Miss Bride-to-be!!! I hope you had a wonderful day today!!

deb duty said...

Really cool photo! Love the blue sky, green grass and shadow of the car.