Monday, July 4, 2011

day 185


"Mommy, can we just sit and talk" (insert cheesy grin here).  This morning we went for a fairly long walk to the post office, the bank, the library...and yes, Starbucks...which was followed by a detour to a park on the way home.  phew, makes me tired just typing it.  I had asked him if he would like to take our treats to the park, when he responded with the opening quote. 

And although, I try to highlight the positives of each day (because that is what we all want to remember, right?)... there were some severe batches of attitude to balance out the sweetness. I just thought I would keep it real for those reading and thinking I have a perfectly behaved child ;)

2 comments:

Joy and Terry said...

Way to burst our bubble, Shannon!!! Love this post:)

Kristin said...

Someone once asked me if all my kids did was smile and laugh because they always looked so happy, so one day, just for the heck of it, I took a photo of a not so happy kid and showed everyone the other side of my life. Remember, people only see what you show them, so thanks for keeping it real.