Saturday, July 2, 2011

day 183


After dinner tonight, we decided to make a trip to the beach for a nice walk.  It was great to get out and not have to hurry home for bedtime - yay for summer vacation!  On our travels, we saw a man stacking these rocks.  If you look closely, it is amazing.  I don't know quite how he did it.  There were, no tricks (or glue).  I mean, I can sometimes stack rocks if they have nice flat edges, but he stacked these on point!  The extra amazing thing was, that after he had finished... a train went by on the tracks and only one or two stones had fallen.  Crazy!!!  (my secret theory is that there is some sort of magnetic charge in these rocks, that allows them to stand like that).

7 comments:

Susan said...

WOW. That is truly amazing!

Unknown said...

That is so cool! It is great that you were able to capture this!

The Dapelo Family said...

Wow! This is amazing! They are beautiful all balanced like that!

Heidi said...

That is unreal. And so cool that you were there, camera in had. Nice capture!!

deb duty said...

I'm in awe! What an amazing and beautiful photo!

Linda said...

what an amazing thing to see (and capture!) Just great!

Kristin said...

Wow. Reminds me of some kind of Zen art. I'm glad you got to see this and be there to witness something truly magical.