Friday, April 22, 2011

day 112


How deep the Father's love for us, How vast beyond all measure
That He should give His only Son To make a wretch His treasure
How great the pain of searing loss, The Father turns His face away
As wounds which mar the chosen One, Bring many sons to glory

Yesterday, in the car the boy and I were talking about the real reason for Easter.  And what a proud Mama I was, when he told me the Easter story.  But what made me smile the most was when he said to me.  Mommy, when I think about Easter and the cross... I feel sad.    I told him, that it's okay to be sad - it is a very sad thing to think about - but  reminded him to think about the wonderful thing that happened after Jesus died on the cross for us - He rose again - and for that we can celebrate!  I love these conversations with my 5 year old.



The boy and his cousins sneaking around trying to scope out the hidden Easter eggs...  (Auntie in Toronto, you should be proud of their sleuthing skills.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love that cross photo.

deb duty said...

Beautiful cross photo.

Unknown said...

So cool! :D

Love the cross shot.