Wednesday, September 14, 2011

day 257



Being inspired to 'be in the picture' more, I dug out my new wireless remote and set up my camera as my boy and I played lego.  After reading a recent blog post on this subject, I thought to myself, what a shame it would be if my 2011 photo challenge contained little or none of me, doing what I do EVERY day.  Playing.  Will my son look back and wonder where I was?  Or will he remember the countless times I got down on the floor with him to play lego or hotwheels or whatever? 
On another note, I had to crank up the ISO on my camera, as it was pretty gray out today.  The challenge with this being, my lovely Nikon D60 does not do high ISO's very well.  They turn grainy and noisy... and I have such a hard time editing them.  So, being as though I don't want to replace my camera for a very long time, I thought I need to get on top of this (and was inspired by another blog post on this subject)..  I had a whole series of pictures from today, but after editing this one... I had had enough!!  (Any insight, into editing with high ISO and noise would be appreciated). 

2 comments:

Joy said...

WONDERFUL shot, Shannon - love it!!! :)

Susan said...

Very cute photo! My camera doesn't do well with high ISO either, I do find that by increasing the exposure it reduces the grain. I think that a grainy photo of a special memory is better then none at all...at least that's what I tell myself when I get frustrated :)