Monday, August 15, 2011

day 226


Let me start by telling you my tale of woe, but don't worry - there is a happy ending.  Sunday after Church, we decide to go explore a local park, which has an 'abandoned' race track.  We get in the car, I turn on my camera to see if it's okay...and nothing... zip, zilch, nada.  We quickly grab the old point and shoot, just in case.  On first instinct, one would think it was the battery...but in my mind it seemed so much more sinister than that.  I was seeing bills with large amounts of money written all over it, after all, it was working just fine last night.  Anyways, on the way to the park, we charge it.  When we get to the park..still nothing.  But we carry on (one of us having a little pity party...).   But, enjoying God's creation and some good old fresh air, changes a lot of things.  We managed to snap a few picture on the point and shoot, before that battery died.  Upon returning home, I gave the battery a good charge...and low and behold...my camera worked.  *blush*.  On a side note - that race track isn't always abandoned.  There was a horse meet there, so we will have to return another day, so my boy can pretend he's a race car. 

2 comments:

corduroygirl said...

I know where you were. Lindsay rides at a stable on that street and we often go walking with Baden down there after. Glad your camera is working again.

Susan said...

Oh Shannon, you must have been so stressed! Glad it's working again! Cute picture of the boy :)