Friday, May 27, 2011

day 147


Spiderman, always hangin' around, usually by the front door. A welcoming committee of sorts, I guess.  As I was contemplating what to write to go with this late night, agh-what-am-I-going-to-take-a-picture-of picture, I thought of all the mess visual reminders that scream to the world that shows a little boy lives here.  Tonight I was asked if I envied couples without children, their freedom.  I answered without hesitation (and as politely as I could), NO.  We waited for what seemed an eternity (believe me, 4 years of trying to concieve is long time)  and were finally given the most precious gift.  I wouldn't change it for the world.   I remember during those trying years (no pun intended) dreaming of what it would be like to have little feet running around, to have toys scattered and to have someone call you Mommy.  Even though from day one, there were struggles and being a parent is hard, I still wouldn't change it for the world.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Well said my friend :) And what a special gift he is. (We have that Spiderman, he is currently hanging out in our tub.)

Joy said...

Love:)