Monday, January 31, 2011

day 31


I have always been a collector.  Over the years, my collections have become more refined.  I have gone from collecting rocks and bottlecaps found on the ground, to sports cards and stickers...and now to tilt-spout jugs.  The shape and texture of these jugs appeal to me.  I also have a few cut glass ones, but I love the colours in these ones.   
This is my first ever (posted) shot taken in manual -yay me!  I am not going to mention the fact that I have had my Nikon for a few years, and just figured out how to change the aperture....ahem.  I love that I didn't need the flash and was able to use natural light.    It really feels more natural.  I did however, find it challenging to find an angle, where I wasn't dead center in the reflection or where you couldn't see me peeking around a corner.  Any suggestions on that front?

9 comments:

Susan said...

Shannon--I LOVE this! Love the color and lighting.

shannon said...

Thank you!

kimochigirl said...

Shannon - this is a wonderful shot - I know your challenge - I, too, find it difficult to get myself out of the reflection... so I can appreciate this pic - so nice!!

shannon said...

Thanks!

once upon a time . . . said...

love the colour combo!

Katherine said...

I think this is great! Love the colors, and such a great shot!

shannon said...

Wow- thank you everyone :)

Allan said...

First, congratulations on going manual! Nice job doing a selective focus on the first jug. You picked a difficult subject because of all the reflections. My only suggestion is to wear all black.

shannon said...

Thank you! Good suggestion, too - I'll have to try that next time!